Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Peas, Please


I love falafel and when I came across this recipe, I knew I had to try it.



Today when I was preparing to make it, my internet connection was down. Unable to access the recipe, I had to wing it. Now that I look at the actual recipe, I had it more or less right, but instead of the lemon juice, I used about a tsp of lemon zest. I don't know why I hesitated on adding any juice–I guess I was concerned it would be too wet. That's probably because I forgot about the flour- which I remembered at the very end so I dredged the patties in a bit of flour. Anyway, really simple, and a nice twist on the traditional chickpea (garbanzo bean) falafel. Do take the time to make the marinated radishes
Spring Pea Falafel

1 comment:

kimmont said...

Hi Mags,
My name is Kim Montgomery. I recently came across your blog and I have to admit that me and my boyfriend went through our own "Falafel Phase" where we tried a million recipes to find the perfect homemade falafels. In the end we couldn't decide which one was best as they all had pro's and cons. Nevertheless, I was very impressed at how easy it is to make the delicious patties/balls!

Anyways, the reason I'm writing is, I work for Matchstick Marketing, a hip market-research/ promotions company that spreads "word-of-mouth" marketing for our various clients. The campaign I'm currently working on is looking for women who write popular blogs that discuss topics like lifestyle, fashion, health & beauty and savvy current events, with the hopes that they'd be willing to participate in a short study about feminine beauty & hygiene products.

The survey wouldn't take too much of your time. I'd love to get the chance to connect with you and get your valuable feedback!

Please feel free to email me at kim@matchstick.ca and you can let me know if you're interested in participating in the study and how best to get in contact with you!

Thanks in advance,
Kim